These are very exciting times for the Lindy Group. Due to a sustained period of worldwide growth, Lindy UK are pleased to be recruiting for the position of IT Manager.
This is a challenging and rewarding role in a value driven company. We are looking for someone with drive, passion, tenacity and a proven track record in IT management.
You should be an inspiring and confident leader with extensive experience in managing IT infrastructures. You are organized, results oriented and a fantastic communicator. You must be passionate for success – for yourself, your colleagues and for the Lindy group as a whole.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the IT Manager will be based out of Lindy’s offices in North East England.
Your role will be to maintain and develop a modern, secure, fit for purpose IT infrastructure. You will harmonise processes, encourage co-operation and organize the IT team for maximum results. You will work closely with other Lindy Global IT departments to implement and develop the Lindy Group IT strategy.
Reporting to our Director of Operations
To apply for this role, you will need:
• Strong knowledge of Sage 200, Office 365, MS SQL, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Operating Systems & server structures including Active Directory
• Excellent knowledge of IT security infrastructure and implementation
• Good knowledge of current IT related legislation
• Ability to quickly learn and understand new advances in computer technologies
• Technical competence and proven troubleshooting skills
• Ability to troubleshoot a multitude of hardware and software problems and to learn/adapt to new technologies
• Ability to apply new technologies for use within the company
• Ability to use rational and logical thought processes in order to draw up and implement IT and general business solutions
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to be assertive when required
• Ability to resolve conflicts
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a modern productive IT infrastructure and strategy within Lindy UK and co-ordinate with IT related staff within the Lindy Group to decide upon group wide IT strategies
• Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure Lindy has the resources available to meet IT’s operational IT needs
• Ensure data integrity through network security and an appropriate backup system
• Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures. Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures and analyse patterns and trends
• Ensuring that all required legal standards and technology licenses are followed and kept up-to-date, such as Data Protection, PCI
• Attending LINDY partners meetings overseas as required
• Maintaining good working relationships with IT suppliers and support companies
• To continually maintain the accuracy of all data entered and output from the company’s computer systems, and to ensure at all times that ISO9001 procedures and policies are adhered to
• New ideas in general, including procedure changes which may benefit the Group
• To provide IT support for other departments and group members
• Co-ordinate with IT departments across the Lindy group
• Manage the IT team to develop the skills and deliver training to enable the team to provide the best service to Lindy
• Manage departments holidays, time in lieu, absence and overtime ensuring that any rules in the staff handbook are followed as closely as possible
• Monitor training to make sure that it is done to a satisfactory standard
• Prioritising departments tasks ensuring that the most urgent tasks are completed first
• Take responsibility for own work and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery
• Making sure that staff within the departments always have sufficient workload
• Delegate work tasks throughout the department and monitor the accuracy of work done
• Budget responsibility for IT and Telecoms
• Ensuring that any work-related issues that may potentially cause harm or jeopardise the Company/Group in any way are brought to the immediate attention of the Managing Directors
• Be aware of, and comply with the Lindy competences in terms of core values and behaviours, Lindy HR policies, procedures and guidelines
• Maintain a level of IT competence which enables use of company communication and reporting systems and utilisation of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) for monitoring sales, investment return etc.
• Ensure adherence to Lindy policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards
Competitive remuneration package in accordance with the responsibilities of the role.
Based at our offices in Stockton on Tees, UK.
Do you want to help shape our business as we enter a new exciting phase of expansion? Now is the time to put all your skills and experience to the test.
Closing Date: 12th July 2019
Please use the link below apply and to email your CV.